Vision, Aims and Values
Our Vision and Aims underpin all that we are trying to achieve at High Down Junior School:
Believing, Achieving, Learning for Life
We believe that every child is entitled to a rich and inspiring education that will nurture them as well-rounded individuals with the confidence, the ability and the desire to make the world a better place.
Teaching and learning is at the heart of the school and we believe that all children, whatever their ability, social background, race or gender should receive high quality teaching and learning throughout the curriculum so they can achieve their maximum potential.
This policy underpins the school’s commitment to raise the quality of teaching and learning, ensuring that all lessons are good or outstanding.
Through our teaching we aim to:
· share the joy of learning and growing together
· enable children to become confident, reflective, enquiring and independent learners
· develop key learning skills to enable children to flourish as learners for life
· foster children’s self-esteem and help them build positive relationships
· encourage children to respect the ideas, attitudes, values and feelings of others
· develop children’s sense of belonging in their school and wider community and their responsibilities as custodians of the planet and global citizens
· Care and kindness
· Optimism and hopefulness
· Trust and honesty